Whether you kicked metaphorical a** and took down names in 2014, or languished in distraction and misdirection, a fresh start for an abundant life is on the horizon. In fact, that new opportunity is two days away! Get ready for new beginnings and a new year. Let go of the frustrations, pitfalls, or unexpected road blocks that occurred 2014. If it was a good year, use your accomplishments – no matter how small or seemingly mundane – as fuel for a BREAKTHROUGH year in 2015.
EMBRACE intention. BELIEVE that you can and will make steady gains toward a more fulfilled life. Let go of anger, fear, and regret. CHOOSE to focus on the good. Take your POWER back. CHANGE one thing today that will make tomorrow and next year better. START small but consistently. Just start. Use your ENERGY wisely. Define WHO AND HOW you want to be. DETERMINE your path. ENJOY the journey. If what Buddha said is true, “What you think, you become.”, then start thinking more positive and inspiring thoughts.
Here are a few thoughts that inspire me…
- Infuse life with action. Don’t wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. – Bradley Whitford
- Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later. – Og Mandino
- Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground. – Theodore Roosevelt
- Set your goals, write them down. Now you’re one step closer to achieving them. – Richard Branson
- A jug fills drop by drop. – Buddha
- Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. – Thomas A. Edison
- It’s more fun to experience things when you don’t know what’s going to happen. – Louis C. K.
- Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives. – Tony Robbins
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. – C.S. Lewis
- The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. – Carl Rogers
What now? Start imagining a life that feels exciting, peaceful, and inspiring. Grab a pen and jot down your ideas. Uncensored. Free associate all the things in life that you love. What do you notice? What themes emerge? Those are the people, things, and activities that bring you the most joy. Make 2015 about that. What one step can you take today to spark the forward trajectory?
Welcome wonder, accomplishment, and uncertainty into your life. Seek novelty. It demands your attention and seemingly slows down time. It requires use of all five senses which result in a here and now experience. This mindful attention influences your being. It develops a grounded and inspired baseline – you choose whether positive or negative. That experience sews the fabric of awareness and satisfaction. Use it to discover and actualize your best self. You and your brain are more powerful than you realize.
In case you want more tips on how to live an abundant life, and set goals and see them through, you can find some here, and more here… If that’s not enough, here’s another one. Sign up for my FREE newsletter to receive a steady stream into your inbox here.
Image courtesy of StockImages at freedigitalphotos.net.